Hope you had a wonderful holiday season!
Want to inform you there are two webinars coming up you may be interested in viewing:
· FBAR on January 21, 2016 from 11:00 am – 12:00 pm (PT)
· Tangible Property Regulations webinar on January 20, 2016 from 11:00 am – 12:30 pm (PT).
See above attached flyers for additional information.
Also, want to inform those of you located in the San Jose geographic area (or who have clients located in the San Jose geographic area) the IRS is expanding appointment service to another 40 Taxpayer Assistance Centers nationwide on January 11, 2016. The San Jose Taxpayer Assistance Center (TAC) is one of those TACs. Taxpayers requiring TAC assistance at the IRS San Jose TAC should call 1-844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment at 55 South Market Street, Suite 100, San Jose, CA 95113. The IRS will begin taking calls January 5 for appointments starting January 11 or later. Please note several issues taxpayers may visit an IRS TAC for could possibly be resolved at IRS.gov without traveling to an IRS office (e.g., get a tax transcript, make a payment, resolve a notice, obtain a form or publication or ask about a refund, etc.).
IRS.gov offers several online options including (but not limited to):
· Where’s My Refund?, where people can check their refund status and estimated delivery date
· Get Transcript, order a transcript online and have it mailed
· Direct Pay, make tax payments or estimated tax payments directly from a checking or savings account
· Electronic Federal Tax Payment System, individuals or businesses can make all type of federal tax payments
· Online Payment Agreement, eligible taxpayers can set up installment payments for tax liability
Jennifer Henrie-Brown, ID #1000247447
Stakeholder Liaison Specialist
Communications Stakeholder Outreach
510-637-2199/ fax 510-637-2434