Thursday, April 10, 2014
Hope all is going well with you!
Attached above is, "IRS News & Events from Stakeholder Liaison" for April 10, 2014. Please share this information with your colleagues.
Have a great day, and a very successful filing season!
Jennifer Henrie-Brown, ID #94-07690
Stakeholder Liaison Specialist
Communications Stakeholder Outreach
510-637-2199/ fax 510-637-2434
IRS Video Portal <http://www.irsvideos.gov/> Follow us on Twitter <http://twitter.com/irstaxpros> , YouTube <http://www.youtube.com/irsvideos> , IRS_Videos <http://www.irsvideos.gov/> and Facebook - IRS_Return_Preparer_Office <http://www.facebook.com/IRStaxpros>
Monday, March 17, 2014
TAP – Who We Are
TAP is a Federal Advisory Committee established under the authority of the Department of the Treasury, to allow citizens the opportunity to participate in improving the federal tax administration system by providing direct input to the IRS.
The Panel is comprised of a diverse body of 75 citizens from all economic, social, and ethnic backgrounds, representing all 50 states, the
TAP – What We Do
The mission of the TAP is to listen to taxpayers, identify taxpayers’ issues, and make suggestions for improving IRS service and customer satisfaction. The TAP is a national forum for taxpayers to make their voices heard and to help identify “grass roots” tax issues of importance to taxpayers. Tax experience is not a requirement to serve on the TAP.
The TAP works with the Taxpayer Advocate Service and the IRS operating divisions to identify issues that will benefit from citizen input. The operating divisions utilize the TAP to obtain input and recommendations regarding tax products and services or program changes that affect taxpayers.
Panel members serve on a project subcommittee; participate in meetings and focus groups; solicit citizen comments and suggestions; and identify, prioritize, and elevate taxpayer issues and recommendations to the IRS. Outreach to the public is vitally important to the success of the TAP. Members are expected to identify and participate in various outreach activities to solicit input from taxpayers about IRS products and services. Individuals selected to become Panel members will participate in a New Member Orientation in December, 2014.
This year TAP is accepting applications to fill member and alternate vacancies from individuals who reside in the locations listed below. In addition, the TAP is seeking to include at least one member representing international taxpayers. For these purposes, “international taxpayers” are broadly defined to include
Applicants selected from these locations will serve a three-year membership term beginning in December 2014, or be chosen as an alternate member to be considered for membership if a vacancy occurs in their state during the next three years.
Member and Alternate Vacancies
Alaska, Arizona, California, Delaware, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Utah, Vermont, Virginia and International.
- Be a U.S.citizen;
- Be current with all Federal tax obligations;
- Pass an FBI criminal background check;
- Be willing to commit approximately 200 – 300 volunteer hours per year to Panel activities; and
- Not be a current Treasury or IRS employee or have worked for Treasury or the IRS within the past three years.
How to Apply
· Complete and submit an application online at www.improveirs.org.
· All applications must be received no later than April 11, 2014.
How We Select Panel Members
· A team composed of IRS professionals will review applications and rank candidates by experience and suitability. (April 2014)
· The most qualified candidates will be interviewed by a team of IRS professionals and current TAP members. (May 2014)
· Tax and FBI background checks will be conducted. (May – July 2014)
· The Department of the Treasury will review the recommended candidates and make final selections. (October 2014)
Federal advisory committees are required to have a fairly balanced membership in terms of the points of view represented. As such, special consideration will be given to applicants from underrepresented groups, such as
For additional information about TAP or the application process, please call
1-888-912-1227 and choose prompt number five. Callers who are outside of the
Thursday, January 23, 2014
Combating Identity Theft: Working with the Internal Revenue Service to Reduce Your Clients’ Risk
Thursday, January 30, 2014
11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. PST
Just in time for the 2014 Filing Season!!!
The IRS Western Area Stakeholder Liaison Office invites
- Register by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with “ID Theft Webinar Registration” in the subject line. No other information than your email address is required.
- Click on this link not earlier than 10:45 a.m. PST to attend the webinar: http://www.infiniteconferencing.com/Events/IRS/index.html?schedid=87105405.
§ Ensure your browser’s cookies and scripting are enabled, and your browser’s pop-up blocker is disabled.
- Enter the required participant information.
§ Participant Code 87105405 should be pre-populated; if not, fill it in.
§ Name: Last, First
§ Company: Name & Chapter of Practitioner Organization publicizing this webinar.
- Enable your computer speaker and adjust volume. The webinar audio will be broadcast using Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP). You will be prompted (in a pop-up window) to start the Audiocast; click “OK.” A headset is recommended.
- Open the Chat Box to ask questions by clicking the bubble symbol near the top right screen. Select “Q&A Group” in the dropdown menu as the recipient (“To”).
Note: Do you require real time closed captioning? Closed captioning displays the words that describe the audio portion of the program for viewers who are deaf or hearing impaired. Captions are available in English only. Contact IRS Stakeholder Liaison at email@example.com by Monday, January 27 for closed captioning, and put “ID Theft Closed Captioning” in the subject line of your message.
Continuing Education Eligibility: Continuing education credit will not offered for this webinar.
Wednesday, November 6, 2013
Tuesday, September 17, 2013
- Circular 230 Update:
- Fraud & the Special Enforcement Program
- Identity Theft Overview and the Criminal Investigation Focus
- Appeals Fast Track Settlement & Mediation
- Offers in Compromise
- Taxpayer Advocate Service Update
- Registration: 7:30 a.m.
- Seminar: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Follow us on Twitter, YouTube, IRS_Videos and Facebook - IRS_Return_Preparer_Office