Tuesday, January 12, 2016

FYI: IRS Taxpayer Assistance Centers (TAC) will no longer be stocking Forms W-2, W-3, and 1099's (Drop-in article)

Hello everyone,


FYI:  IRS Taxpayer Assistance Centers (TAC) will no longer be stocking Forms W-2, W-3 and 1099’s. 

Please see drop-in article attached above and below.  Please let your colleagues and members know of this development.


Small businesses should get their blank Wage and Tax Statements forms early


Don’t wait until the last minute to get blank Forms W-2, W-3 or 1099. The demand for paper tax products is declining because of an increase in e-filing and the availability of products online. Due to the decreased demand and printing and shipping costs, the IRS will no longer stock Forms W-2, W-3 and 1099 in Taxpayer Assistance Centers. The forms, which are used by small business owners, can be ordered online or by telephone and mailed directly to the taxpayer’s home or business address.


To order online, go to the IRS’ Online Ordering for Information Returns and Employer Returns website at: https://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Online-Ordering-for-Information-Returns-and-Employer-Returns


To order by phone, call the IRS at: 1-800-829-3676.


The Social Security Administration also offers an online option to create and file electronic Forms W-2. File Forms W-2/W-2c and W-3/W-3c electronically by visiting the Social Security Administration’s Employer Reporting Instructions and Information website at: https://www.socialsecurity.gov/employer/ to create and file electronic fill-in versions of Forms W-2 and W-3.




Jennifer Henrie-Brown, ID #1000247447

Stakeholder Liaison Specialist

Communications Stakeholder Outreach

Work cell phone:  510-926-0175


IRS Video Portal
Follow us on Twitter, YouTube